How to Apply?
This page contains information for students who wish to study at Turku University of Applied Sciences (TUAS) as exchange student.
- Application deadline for the autumn semester 2013 or for the whole study year 2013/2014 is 15th of April 2013.
- Application deadline for the spring semester 2014 is 15th of October 2013.
Before applying you should contact the international office at your home university to make sure that you will be nominated for the exchange studies at TUAS.
FREE MOVERS: If your home university and TUAS do not have a bilateral agreement, then you need to apply through the TUAS Open University of Applied Sciences. For more information, please see Open studies.
Required Steps in the Application Process
Go to the application form (link can be found below).
- Choose the right exchange programme:
- Erasmus student exchange = Students from Erasmus partner universities of TUAS
- Nordplus student exchange = Students from Nordplus partner universities of TUAS
- Other student exchange = Students from all other partner universities of TUAS
- Erasmus work placement = Students from Erasmus partner university of TUAS who will do their work placement at TUAS
- Other work placement = Students who will do their work placement at TUAS
- Choose the area of study and degree programme which are the closest to what you will be studying at TUAS.
- Studies / Practical training begin and end at TUAS: Check the dates at www.tuas.fi/exchangestudents -> Courses in English -> International Semesters or from your International Coordinator at TUAS.
Fill in your personal data and click "SEND APPLICATION" at the end of the application page.
You will receive a confirmation email with a link to proceed with the online registration.
After logging in to the system, press "Complete personal data" and fill in your address information, submit it by pressing "Create".
Upload your passport photo and the application documents.
Application documents to be uploaded:
- Transcript of records in English of your studies so far
- Learning Agreement (click to download the form)
- Motivation letter in English
- As to the other documents needed, please check with your International Coordinator of TUAS
Press here to find out how to upload the documents. Help for uploading the application documents
About the Learning Agreement:
- After you have filled in the form, print it out. It can’t be saved on your computer.
- Note that you can only take courses from one faculty. This is because the courses would otherwise overlap.
- All the courses offered for exchange students can be found in the lists under the International Semesters
Print out the application by pressing "Print application". Ask your departmental coordinator to sign the application.
Send the application with the required documents (for e.g. transcript of records, motivation letter, learning agreement) to us by the deadline.
Turku University of Applied Sciences
International Office/Hanna Peussa
Joukahaisenkatu 3 A
The applications will be forwarded to the international coordinator in the faculty to which the student is applying to.
Design students, please send also your portfolio with the application.
N.B. Arts Academy students, more information about sending your application and portfolio.
Wait for the acceptance from TUAS. You will receive it by email.
You will also receive an information package by mail which includes helpful information about TUAS, how to reserve the accommodation and generally about the town where you will be studying. You can also find the information package at our website: www.tuas.fi/informationpackage
NOTE! After receiving the acceptance from TUAS you can reserve the accommodation.
More information about the accommodation at www.tuas.fi/accommodation
APPLICATION FORM FOR EXCHANGE STUDIES AT TUAS
For more information about the application process, please contact exchange.students[at]turkuamk.fi